Ever on the lookout for ways to help our warriors/husbands/wives/veterans/active military, etc., I recently popped on the website of the Special Operations Warrior Foundation and thought I would share it with you as it’s goal is to – > ” support(s) the military’s Special Operations Forces and their families through three programs:
- College scholarships for the surviving children of fallen Special Operations Forces
- Educational & family counseling, and advocacy support
- Immediate $3,000 financial grants to severely-wounded Special Operations Forces service members
Does this interest you or spouse? If so, please log onto http://www.specialops.org/ for more information.
I just finished listening to the audio book of SEAL Team Six: Memoirs of an Elite Navy SEAL Sniper by Howard E. Wasdin and Stephen TemplinSeal Team Six (a great and interesting book which I highly recommend.) At the end of the cd it mentions the Special Operations Warrior Foundation. Curious about this nonprofit, I looked them up on the web and this is what I found:
- College Scholarships for the surviving children of fallen Special Operations Forces
- Family Services, including educational counseling
- Wounded Special Operations Forces Support
And that SOWF is ranked among the top 2% of charities rated by Charity Navigator.